Posted by on Aug 26, 2008 in Audio & Podcasting, The Trading Assistant's Assistant | 0 comments

So I recorded a few sections of my podiodbook last night.

First the good news:

  • My microphone is better quality than I thought and sounds just fine so I don’t need a new one
  • It was a lot of fun to read my book out loud (yes, I am a dork)
  • I should be able to get this done in less time than I originally thought

Now for the bad news:

  • I breathe waaaaay too loud. My brother taught me how to fix this though so we should be OK on the next take.
  • I have found a lot of typos/awkward sentences/etc that I need to fix. I am going to have to do some heavy text editing before I can actually do a final recording of anything. On the plus side, I needed to do an edit of the book anyway to add in the new TA info that eBay changed so it is for the better in the long run but annoying when you wanted to be done yesterday
  • After I unplugged my headphone/microphone combo, all sound on my computer stopped working. I have monkeyed with all the settings that I can think of and no luck. I am hoping it will just fix itself out of pity in a few hours. In the meantime, all sound is broken on my computer a fact I re-discover every few seconds when I try to listen to something

I am doing the book of The Trading Assistant’s Assistant first as it is pretty straight forward. The Author I suspect will be much harder so I am waiting until I get some solid practice in to do that.

I will keep you all posted on how this disaster goes. 🙂